Monday, September 14, 2009

TURNING POINT’S GLADIATOR



Turning Point’s Gladiator is a gelding by Tug Hill Whamunition. He was one of the first foals born on our farm. We were anticipating his arrival and checking our mare carefully. However, it isn't unusual to miss the delivery, despite all your watchfulness. It is as though the mare waits to hear you leave the barn before she commits to delivery. As it happened, I went to the barn to check one morning. To hear a high pitched nicker followed by a low pitched murmur from the mare. I looked into the stall to see the foal, but could see nothing. I could hear a slurping sucking sound, but couldn't see a foal. Finally I walked into the stall where I could see the mare pressed against the wall, her baby balancing against her and the wall so it could stand and eat. All was well. They had figured it out without me. He was cute as a button and very vocal, calling to his mom regularly, and reassured by her low call back. We raised him and trained him to show under harness and under saddle and was sold as a pleasure horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment